Short Film Competition: Competition information
>> Enter the competition <<
Filmmaker! The short films which are qualified to the final competition will be announced at the beginning of August. The qualified films will be shown to the audience on 18th of August. Please follow our websites. If Your film is qualified You are welcome to the festival!
23rd BALTIC HERRING – Short Film Competition
The 23rd International Baltic Herring Short Film Competition
Baltic Herring Short Film Competition is intended for all film makers in the Baltic Sea area will be held this year for the 22nd time. There are three (3) categories in the competition; Open category for the amateur film makers, Student category for the students of audiovisual field and Professional category for the professional film makers.
The International Jury will choose and award the best short films. The very best short film of the competition will be awarded not only the first prize (money award) but also the “Baltic Herring Oscar” – the ceramic Golden Baltic Herring -sculpture designed by Kaarina Selin.
The jury chooses two series of films for the competition, to be presented to the audience. As usual, the audience will be able to vote its favorite short film and thus, to win prizes of cinematic theme.
Some kind of an aqua theme would be ideal as the theme of the competing short film.
The Rules of the Baltic Herring Competition
- The competition is open for film makers in the Baltic Sea area (Finland,
Russia, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Germany, Denmark, Sweden and Norway).
- There are three (3) categories in the competition; open category for amateur film makers, one category for professionals, and one category is directed for the students of audiovisual schools.
- Maximum length of the films is 30 minutes.
- English subtitles or a synopsis of the film are required.
- Competition film is to be sent in a physical media (MiniDV tape or in DVD-disc) or by a link to a video in Youtube or Vimeo.
- One film may compete only in one category
- The movie maker(s) is/are responsible for the recording permissions and reimbursements
of the possible copyright protected material in the film content.
- The deadline of submission is 4th June 2017
- The film will not be returned
Baltic Herring Jury 2017:
- Tarmo Hotanen, elokuvatieteen maisteri, pj
- Kanerva Kuisma, elokuvatieteen maisteri, jury secretary
tel: +358 44 584 3009